Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bad Influences

I am at fault, myself, but the way our society is today is truly sad.  People idolize athletes, movie stars, rock stars and any other types of famous people.  Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of famous people are advocates for many organizations and great causes.  This is the good influence they have on their fans.  However, what happens when they are advocates for all the wrong things?

The rapper, Ludacris, is causing tons of controversy all over the country for his new song called "Sexting." The song is supposed to make fun of Tiger Woods for his indiscretions and all that drama.  However, people are furious because of the lyrics of the song.  In an interview he even admits to sexting himself so he's "making light of it."

This story is very disturbing to me.  Even when I was in high school, we would have speakers come to us and talk about sexting.  It's a huge problem these days.  The fact that this song is out by such a popular rapper, makes me feel like kids who listen to him will think this terrible thing isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment